Saturday, October 14, 2006
Inconsiderate housemates part 2.
Last night, I decided to sleep earlier than usual. So, I crept onto my bed and shut my eyes, like most people do right, when they're trying to get to sleep. Ok, so..as I start settling in to drift into deep slumber, I heard a loud cackle of a laughter. Who was it? E, who else?
She behaves like she lives all by herself in this house. So, she laughs out louder than a hyena..and sounds like one too btw. I then, take a deep breath and turn to my side to sleep.
Three minutes passed when I heard more laughter..this time, by A and E...Both obviously sharing a bloody funny joke or remark. I grew impatient and flustered, because I was truly tired and really needed to rest. I turned over to the other side and tried my best to drown out their laughter.
All was quiet for maybe 8 minutes. Suddenly, I hear loud jabbering in Mandarin.
Who was it? K and the non paying resident of my house who btw is K's best friend She is terribly loud, extremely annoying, perfectly irrelevant and completely disliked by me.
So, K and her were discussing something at 12am in Mandarin, with several 'Oh..zhen de meh?' 'Yah lor..wo ye si', 'Aiyoh, ke yi meh?' and other jibberish.
It must have been something crucial, because it obviously couldn't wait till this morning to discuss what..BAH.
So, they went on & on..and the clock was ticking away, but I wasn't getting to sleep..Soon, it was doubled with laughter from A and E..and more rambling from K and Ms non-paying tenant.
I was helpless. Seriously.
So, I did what any sane person would have done, or so I'll like to think. I shoved my earphones in my ears and switched on my ipod. I chose a calm song and put it on repeat mode..thinking that would help me put me to sleep..but little did I know that my mind only got more active after this, because I was trying to sing along to the song.
So, soon..I got the idea and changed the song..But it was no use as I was still trying to sing to it.
So, I stopped it..because I told myself, I was going to sleep no matter how much noise they make. But the noise only became too much for me to handle.
So, I got up and marched to my door, cuz I had a good mind to fling open my door, ala terminator style and then go up to them and yell a 'Eh, KNN..I'm trying to sleep lah...can bloody hell talk and laugh tomorrow morning or not?' and then storm off and slam the door in their faces, while they look on in utter shock and fear..
Or maybe, march up to them and scold them in Tamil..while, in the process, scolding their mothers and fathers..
BUT...
BUT..
BUT..
I didn't do either..sorry to disappoint any of you who thinks I should have..
Firstly, because I'm a nice, patient, sweet girl.
Secondly, because I only know very little Tamil and also because my mummy has taught me not to scold other people's parents. Hurhur.
You see, I've always been gracious..and I've become even more refined now.. ever since TheBoy taught me the true meaning to patience, composure and calmness. So, what I did was grumble to myself and asked out aloud where God was when I needed him the most.
And then, heaving out a loud sigh and resigning to fate, I turned on my ipod again.
Next thing I knew, my alarm was ringing in my ears. Lo and behold, it was morning! I had managed to actually get to sleep. How proud I am of myself.
Of course, I reached over to my beloved ipod to check it's condition, to see how it survived the rough night.
Well, it only showed me one indication.
The battery was terribly low.